One of the people I read a lot on the subject of church health is George Bullard. Bullard offers an excellent paper entitled The Life Cycle and Stages of Congregational Development. In the paper he offers details on each of the 10 stages in the life of a congregation:
- Empty Nest
- Old Age
Along with the description of each of these stages he offers practical guidance on the passages churches need to embrace to move from stage to stage successfully.
Who should read this paper?
- Every church planter who wants to build a church that will out last them.
- Every pastor entering into a new ministry environment.
- Every leadership board in a local church seeking to be a healthy congregation.
- Every coach who is assisting planters or pastors in their ministry.
- Every denominational, associational or network leader.
From more resources visit George Bullard's Blog