- More than 50 percent of U.S. adults now own a smartphone.
- Nearly 30 percent own tablets.
- Recent study that found 53 percent of people check their phones in the morning before showering or even saying "good morning" to their partners.
- Over 26 percent confessed to sleeping with their mobile phones in bed, effectively taking spooning to a whole new level.
- In another recent study, subjects responded to the sound of their phones as they would the presence of a girlfriend, boyfriend or family member.
Yes, our relationships with our mobile devices are more intimate than ever. HT