I can’t believe it! I have entered into the addictive world of blogging! This could be dangerous for my compulsive personality. Some might say why? And I say why not? If my 75 year old friend can finally figure out email, then this 46 year old can figure out blogging!
Here are a few reasons why I am a blogger:
1. It is all about feeling younger - as I wander through this mid-life maze, developing a new skill always helps.
2. It is all about dialog - I’ve been sending newsletters and e-letters for years with good, but infrequent feedback - blogging makes feedback instantaneous.
3. It is all about connecting with the next generation of leaders - my passion, my calling, my driving purpose is to walk alongside the "20 and 30 somethings" leaders, helping them fulfill God’s missional purposes in their lives.
4. It is all about being cool - though I know that with me now entering the blogging world could make it uncool pretty quick!
So what can you expect from this blog?
- I will continue my practice of sharing thoughts from some of my spiritual mentors of the past and present every Monday.
- I will throw out some leadership nuggets and learnings.
- I will weave in some personal stuff along the way.
For all you veteran bloggers out there...be patience with me. I am sure that there are some blogger rules somewhere that I have already violated! Also, send me some advice and ideas along the way. For all you non-bloggers…jump in, there is plenty of room and it is not that scary!