Converge Assessment Center (formerly TeAmerica) is one of the longest running, most influential and highly trusted Church Planting Assessment Centers in the country. Under the leadership of Paul Johnson and then JD Pearring the Assessment Center touched some of the best church planters in the country. Now a new era for the Assessment Center has begun under the leadership of Dr. Curt Gruber and Marlan Mincks as they build on the solid foundation laid by their predecessors by upgrading and strengthening the process.
What is an Assessment Center?
It is an intensive four day event staffed by multiple, trained assessors to encourage and observe Church Planting candidates.
- It is an opportunity for candidates to preach, cast vision and work in team setting.
- It is an opportunity for candidates to meet with counselors and assessors to prepare for life as a Church Planter.
- It is a multi-day process where assessors will provide helpful and thorough assessment of Church Planting candidates.
Why Participate in an Assessment Center?
- The Converge Assessment Center is one of the oldest and most reliable in the country with 17 years under its belt.
- The Converge has a high rate of success in Church Planting, directly related to its world-class Assessment Center.
- Many other denominations & para church organizations have modeled their process after ours for example: Evangelical Covenant Church, Growing Healthy Churches, Green Lake, etc.
- To find answers to your questions about your possible future involvement in Church Planting, and network with other couples sharing the same interest and passion.
- Based on this intensive multi-day process, the team of assessors will pray, discuss, evaluate and collate their findings to give you the best Assessment possible.
Who Can Participate?
- Pastors in transition
- Restart Pastors
- Church Planters
- Youth Pastors
- Associate Pastors
- Para-church workers
- Second-career Lay Leaders
How Do I Sign Up?
- First you have to established a relationship with one of our ConvergeUSA certified sending agencies, preferably in the region you are considering planting. They will provide you with additional details and application form.
- Second, fill out application.
- Third, engage in a pre-assessment interview.
- Fourth, the sending agency will register you for the next scheduled Assessment Center.
Are you a Sending Agency interested in sending a church planter?
Converge has been widely recognized as one of the best Assessment Centers in the USA with close to over 17 years of experience our Assessment process has been the foundation for many other organizations. Converge has an open door policy for those outside our network if you would like to send a candidate for the link below.